During the 21-day lock down, the Health Professional’s Council of South Africa (HPCSA) has allowed us to offer Telehealth to our existing patients that require ongoing care.
What is Telehealth?
- Telehealth is the use of an online digital video / conferencing platform allowing patients and therapist to have face to face consultations while being in different locations.
- Shane Brassell Physiotherapists will offer Tele-Physio on a platform of your choice (e.g. WhatsApp, Zoom, Skype, Doxy, Medici).
What are the benefits of Telehealth/ Virtual Physiotherapy?
Convenient Care – As a result of social distancing and lockdown regulations due to COVID-19, Shane Brassell Physiotherapists cannot administer the hands-on care as before. Telehealth allows us to assist you and your child in your own home. As a result, your risk of exposure to COVID-19 by traveling and attending therapy is diminished. It is something you can do with your child during lockdown and you do not need to arrange child care for other children in order to take one to therapy. All you need is an internet, wi-fi or data connection.
It’s Effective – We may have some teething issues, but once we are through that, studies have shown that TelePhysio meets the same standards of practice as an in-person appointment. Studies carried out in the United States and Australia have shown TelePhysio to be an effective medium for patient treatment.
Greater Patient Comfort – The opportunity to receive treatment within the parent’s and child’s own social environment can even lead to greater recovery outcomes.
What is the cost?
- A Telehealth consultation will be charged for. The cost will be 5% less of the face-to-face consultation.
- Costing will depend on codes used.
- You are responsible for your account and once an statement has been sent you can settle with an EFT.
- You will be able to use your statement to claim back from your medical aid.
- Your medical aid, may or may not reimburse you for Telehealth sessions.